Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Experience Occupy Wall Street first hand

This link leads to a first hand account, with pictures, of the Occupy Wall Street movement, as reported by Eric Albert, a New York native and friend.  When I asked him if I could post this on my blog, he agreed, but pointed me to an article written by a reporter that he thought was better.  I'll link to that article at the bottom, and it is very good, but I like my friend's report.  It's refreshing to read an account from a regular guy who's walking through a crowd, as opposed to a reporter who's looking for a story.

Eric Albert's essay:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B680ODjmCnoyZTczYjg5NDYtYzc5ZC00YzY4LWJjNGMtNTE4ZmQ3NDczZGQ3&hl=en_US


Sarah Jaffe's article from AlterNet:
http://www.alternet.org/story/152622/this_is_only_getting_bigger%3A_20%2C000_rally_in_new_york_to_support_occupy_wall_street/?page=entire

2 comments:

  1. Got this message about your friend's story:
    Sorry, we are unable to retrieve the document for viewing or you don't have permission to view the document.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimke,
    Thanks for your comment. The link should work now.

    JulieLivingTheDream

    ReplyDelete